HEAD OF ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATION AND COMPUTING TECHNOLOGIES TEACHER
Full-time permanent position commencing Term 1, 2022
Northholm Grammar is seeking to appoint an educational leader with extensive experience teaching senior SDD and/or IPT with a proven record of HSC success to lead Academic Administration.
The Head of Academic Administration will work closely with the Deputy Principal and is responsible for all academic reporting and assessment as well as overseeing the development of the academic timetable in the School. It will be the responsibility of the Head of Academic Administration to liaise with the New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA) to ensure Northholm’s compliance with its regulations and requirements. This role is a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility of the School Timetable by exploring flexible and innovative structures in the development of learning programs and pathways.
- Lead the school relationship with NESA in meeting academic compliance requirements.
- Coordinate and lead the administration of academic examinations, assessments and reporting requirements including management of special provisions applications and requirements.
- Coordinate and manage testing and invigilation, subject selection process, parent-teacher evenings and playgrounds supervision.
- Collaborate with the Head of Data Strategy to effectively implement data to support students and staff.
Applicants should possess the followin
- A degree with accredited four years of study at a recognised university or higher education institution in Computing Technologies subjects, be accredited with NESA
- Outstanding background as a Computing Technologies teacher in SDD and/or IPT and IST.
- Developed understanding of Timetabling and Edval.
- Strong and supportive leadership style with clear expectations for all members of the team.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively build and manage a cohesive team.
If you are interested in applying for this position and possess a commitment to the education of young people, please submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae and the names of three professional referees. Applications should be addressed to the Principal and submitted via Email: BarkerE@northholm.nsw.edu.au
Applications close on Friday 5 November 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
For further information about this position, please see our website: www.northholm.nsw.edu.au/employment
SCIENCE TEACHER (STAGE 6)
Full-time commencing Term 1, 2022
Northholm Grammar is currently seeking an innovative and experienced Science Teacher (Stage 6) to join our secondary teaching team from Term 1 2022. The successful candidate must have a commitment to academic excellence and be able to demonstrate their capacity to deliver a rigorous senior program.
The successful applicant will:
- have a degree with accredited four years of study at a recognised university or higher education institution in relevant Science subjects.
- have experience in teaching Stage 6 in either Physics, Chemistry or Biology as well as Stage 4 and 5 Science.
- have a strong understanding of the Stage 6 Science syllabus.
- be willing to use student data effectively to inform teaching practice.
- be able to contribute to the strong academic culture of the school environment.
- be able to support the School’s Christian ethos.
You will need:
- high expectations for the learning and achievements of students.
- professional presentation and conduct.
- excellent communication and organisational skills.
- a strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- engaging personality and an ability to deal with students from a wide range of backgrounds.
- ability to work collegially.
If you are interested in applying for this position and possess a commitment to the education of young people, please submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names of three professional referees. Applications should be addressed to the Principal and submitted to BarkerE@northholm.nsw.edu.au.
Applications close Wednesday 27 October. Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
*Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must satisfy Child Protection Legislation and will be subject to employment screening. All staff are required to actively support the ethos of the school. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a valid Working with Children Check.