Teacher’s Aide (Temporary Full-Time)
Commencement Date: Term 4, 2022 (with a possible earlier start)
Northholm Grammar School is seeking an enthusiastic and well organised Teacher Aide to provide numeracy and literacy support for secondary and primary aged students. The successful applicant must have the ability to work co-operatively as part of the Diverse Learning Team.
- Ability to work across both Primary and Secondary Years.
- Experience in teaching PreLit, MiniLit and RTP will be favourably regarded.
- Ability to provide one on one, small group and classroom support for students with a range of diagnosed disabilities.
- Ability to implement and support disability provisions.
- Experience with the preparation and administration of standardised testing (Literacy and Numeracy).
- Capacity to work cooperatively with Secondary and Primary Years School Learning Support teachers in the development of programs and teaching schedules.
- Ability to differentiate and/or modify units of work and assessment tasks for students with individual learning needs in collaboration with Secondary and Primary Years School Teachers.
- Knowledge of the current Disability and Discrimination Act and Standards for Education.
- Teacher Aide Qualifications E.g. Certificate III or IV in Education Support or relevant qualification.
- A collaborative team member
- Enthusiastic and motivated approach
- Ability to exercise judgment and work without supervision
- A friendly and approachable manner
- A current NSW Working With Children Check,
- Adhere to Northholm’s Code of Conduct and Child Safe Policy and undertake annual training in Child Protection procedures and practices and First Aid.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a letter of introduction addressed to the Principal and a resume. Please email your application to the EA to the Principal: HennessyS@northholm.nsw.edu.au
Applications close Friday 2 September.
Applicants must satisfy Child Protection Legislation and will be subject to employment screening. All staff are required to actively support the ethos of the school. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a valid Working with Children Check.