If you are interested in becoming part of our school community and are committed to helping young people develop the personal interests and passions they need to maintain a positive attitude to life, we welcome your application for any of our advertised positions.
Applicants are advised that all staff are required to support the Christian ethos of the school and that teaching staff are required to participate in the co-curricular program. In addition to their co-curricular responsibilities teaching staff are also appointed as tutors in a vertical House structure.
Letters of application should be forwarded to:
Northholm Grammar School
Locked Bag 505
Galston NSW 2159
Applications for all advertised jobs must be received by the Principal by the nominated date. Applications should include their Curriculum Vitae, evidence of any skills or attributes relating to any specified selection criteria and the names of three current referees.
Please note: Applications for teaching positions must also include academic transcripts.
Further information can be obtained by contacting the Personal Assistant to the Principal on 02 9656 2000.
Northholm Grammar School is an equal opportunity employer and follows regulations related to anti-discrimination legislation and child protection in the employment process. The school advertises, selects and employs staff using a careful and comprehensive process to ensure the employment of the best possible person to the position.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
PLEASE NOTE: It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for any position at Northholm Grammar School.
To see the ‘New’ Working with Children Fact Sheet 16 – June 2013 please click here
Teaching, administrative and maintenance positions are listed on this site as employment opportunities arise.
SCIENCE TEACHER – YEARS 7 -12 FULL TIME (SPECIALISING IN BIOLOGY and PHYSICS or CHEMISTRY)
Northholm are currently seeking an innovative and experienced Biology and Physics or Chemistry Teacher to join our secondary teaching team from the start of 2020. The successful candidate must have a commitment to excellence and be able to demonstrate their capacity to deliver a rigorous senior program.
The successful applicant will:
• have experience in teaching Stage 6 Biology and Physics or Chemistry as well as Stage 4 and 5 Science
• be able to relate lesson content to real world experience
• be willing to use student data effectively to inform teaching
• be adept with the use of technology in a blended learning environment
• have a strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
• be able to support the School’s Christian ethos
You will need:
• A degree with accredited four years of study at a recognised university or higher education institution in relevant Science subjects
• High expectations for the learning and achievements of students
• Professional presentation and conduct
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• A strong work ethic
• Engaging personality and an ability to deal with students from a wide range of backgrounds
• Ability to work collegially
If you are interested in applying for this position and possess a commitment to the education of young people, please submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae and the names of three professional referees. Applications should be addressed to the Principal and submitted as soon as possible.
Applications close Monday, 25 November 2019.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must satisfy Child Protection Legislation and will be subject to employment screening. All staff are required to actively support the ethos of the school. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a valid Working with Children Check.