The following aims honour Northholm’s original Statement of Educational Philosophy while recognising the challenges and opportunities involved in educating students in the 21st century.
- To nurture each student’s understanding of the Christian world view and deepen their sense of selflessness and service.
- To offer opportunities that enable students to engage in mindfulness, self-reflection, stillness and prayer.
- To provide a co-educational learning environment in which both young men and young women have equal opportunities to prepare for life, work and the responsibilities associated with committed relationships.
- To maintain a level of care that enables students to develop an appreciation of their own and others’ worth, regardless of background, culture, religion or ability.
- To develop young people with the honesty, integrity, tolerance and independence of mind required to contribute positively to the maintenance of our democratic society.
- To create a stimulating, purposeful and inclusive learning environment that enhances students’ engagement in the learning process and supports the achievement of their personal best.
- To encourage students to become independent learners who will be able to maximise the benefits of future study and diverse work opportunities.
- To inspire a love of learning and commitment to intellectual development in each of the core disciplines through a diverse range of learning and teaching styles including digital technologies.
- To foster an appreciation of the arts through a range of opportunities that enable students to express their creativity.
- To promote a positive attitude to health and fitness and encourage students to participate in physical activities that support healthy competition.
- To cultivate greater awareness of environmental issues within the school community and the adoption of more sustainable living habits.
- To involve all students in a diverse school community that helps them develop the self-discipline, mutual responsibility and empathy necessary to contribute to society as global citizens.